Sefer Ha-Hayim Blog
Friday, February 17, 2006
Seforim Sale: Bnei Banim
Last night, more copies of Bnei Banim volume 1-3 were brought to the SOY Seforim Sale. A number of people have contacted me trying to order them. You can either get them at the Seforim Sale or ask for them at your local bookstore. If you aren't sure which store to call, you can try Beigeleisen in Boro Park: (718) 436-1165. Even if they don't have it in stock, they can order it for you.
As before, volume 4 is still available widely in stores and online.
If you are interested in buying a copy of Mysterious Creatures, get them quickly at the Seforim Sale. After those are sold, the book will be officially out of print.
My Yeshiva College
Now available: My Yeshiva College: 75 Years of Memories
Currently for sale at the SOY Seforim Sale.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Seforim Sale: Moral Issues
I'm at the YU Seforim Sale right now and they are selling Moral Issues of the Marketplace in Jewish Law for $22.27, rather than the retail price of $34.95! You will never find this for a cheaper price anywhere.
Yashar Books at SOY Seforim Sale
Books available from Yashar at the SOY Seforim Sale:
1. Where There's Life, There's Life by Rabbi David M. Feldman
2. Gray Matter volume 2 by Rabbi Chaim Jachter
3. Moral Issues of the Marketplace in Jewish Law by Rabbi Aaron Levine
4. The Right and the Good: Halakhah and Human Relations by Rabbi Daniel Z. Feldman
5. Medicine and Jewish Law volume III edited by Drs. Fred Rosner and Robert Schulman
6. The Students' Guide Through The Talmud by Rabbi Zevi Hirsch Chajes
7. Rabbi Israel Salanter: Religious-Ethical Thinker by Menahem G. Glenn
8. Bnei Banim volume 4 by Rabbi Yehuda Henkin
9. Mysterious Creatures by Rabbi Nosson Slifkin
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Rabbi Moshe Dombey z"l
I just found out that Rabbi Moshe Dombey, the kind and generous founder of Targum Press, passed away. In the small world of Jewish publishing, it is hard not to make friends with "competitors." Moshe always had plenty of advice for this newbie and never hesitated to offer his assistance. He will be missed.
May his memory be for a blessing and his family find comfort.